Succulent arrangements can be a
welcoming surprise in the middle of Winter. Real succulents are great because they take very little water. Even better are the artificial ones, because you don’t have to remember to water them at all! I have been doing faux floral arrangements for several years and have a couple of tips when doing succulent arrangements.
5 Tips for Creating Beautiful Succulent Arrangements
1. First, when choosing succulents make sure you choose a variety of sizes and shapes. Succulents are tricky, if you get the same sizes not only will it be boring, but you will also find that you have a lot of holes in your arrangement. They aren’t like typical flowers with lot of leaves that fill in the spaces; so be sure you get some taller succulents to add interest, smaller buds to add variety and something a little spiky to add texture.
2. Find succulents with different colors. When we think of succulents we typically think of only green stems. But you’d be surprised by the different colors that you can find like purple, pinks, reds, browns or simply buy different varieties of greens.
3. It’s ok to incorporate other flowers into your arrangement. Most succulent arrangements only have succulents and rocks in them which make them feel really stiff and sad in my opinion. If you add other flowers like the roses, in these examples, you will bring softness to the arrangement and also help to fill in the holes from the rigid stems.
4. Group succulents together to add bulk and give balance to your arrangement.
5. Find complimentary foliage like lambs ear or boxwood. This filler seems unimportant but it really is the finishing touch that will bring your arrangement together and make your arrangement feel custom.
1/16/2018 07:33:06 pm
Where do you recommend buying faux flowers?
1/24/2018 10:50:39 am
I usually get mine through a wholesale flower shop. But there are surprisingly some really great flowers options at Hobby Lobby and Michael's too if there isn't wholesale shop near you.
Leave a Reply.